Parade Participation Guidelines and Schedule
Guidelines for Students/Parents:
- Wear something that represents your favorite school activity or shows your Prep spirit! Jerseys, Uniforms, Fan Cloth are all welcome.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and have a cap and light jacket ready. Weather can be unpredictable.
- Students walking with the NPS float must stay with the NPS float the entire parade.
- Students traveling with the bus may be signed out after the parade by a parent or guardian with ID. Chaperones will have student rosters.
- The bus will depart from the end of the parade route (lot near Shiprock Subway) no later than 1 hour after arrival at end of the parade route.
- If a student has not been picked up by departure time, the student must return to Prep with the bus and the parent/guardian must pick up the student on campus.
Please understand these guidelines are in place for the safety of our students, and we cannot allow
4:15 – 4:30 AM final staging and preparation – Please arrive during this time frame
5:00AM depart NPS football field parking
5:45 – 7:30 AM Staging in Shiprock
– Students meeting us in Shiprock, look for the Bus that’s where we’ll be
8:00AM parade begins near S/R Fleet Management (East 7-11 area)
1:00 PM parade ends @ Shirock Subway – Parents may sign-out students with one of the chaperones
2:00 PM depart Shiprock to return to NPS
3:30 – 4:00 PM return to NPS
The times are as exact as we can get them at this time. Your student can text or call you with updates that vary significantly from the given times.
IB Biology/Principles of Physics & Chemistry
Navajo Preparatory School
1220 Apache St.
Farmington, NM 87401