Facility Operations has four departments: Maintenance & Grounds, Custodial, Security, and Transportation. For a directory listing and contact information see the Directory.
Ongoing and Recent Projects
- The transportation department purchased 5 new Blue Bird buses and one new suburban spring of 2013. This summer of 2014 Transportation took delivery of a 2014 Impala to enhance their capabilities for student and staff travel.
- The new admin building; Wauneka Leadership Building was completed under the direction of the Facility Manager in September 2013.
- NPS has been a closed campus since 2012 and now has 23 security cameras throughout the campus located at strategic points of interest for the safety of students, staff and visitors.
- The North Property Line Fencing Project has been completed as of September 2014 that will enhance the security of the NPS campus. As part of this project the bus parking area was also fenced to secure of the NPS vehicles. This was made possible by a Grant from The Navajo Nation.
- The Eagles Nest gym floor was resurfaced in July 2014.
- The Manuelito Landscape project was completed in August 2014 by the dedicated staff and student volunteers.
- Bates and Arthur Hall Dormitory student rooms were repainted during the summer of 2014.
- The campus cemetery cleaned up and fenced by a summer youth group affiliated with a Shiprock Church.
- A new visitor bleacher pad and bleachers were installed at the football field complex in August 2014.
- The campus security department took delivery of a new security utility vehicle (John Deere Gator 4×4) in August 2014.
- Facility Grounds Department is taking delivery of a new “Turfco” field Top Dressing machine to enhance the maintenance of the football and softball fields.
- The new fully integrated graphics fire alarm system was complete in January 2013.
- Procurement of several modular classrooms to support the needed classroom space. The Art program will be given first priority.
- In preparation for the modular building installation, Facilities is preparing to have the two old buildings on the north side of the campus demolished.